Question
Posted by: lindie burger | 2010/04/17

he says he never loved me?!

My husband, recently diagnosed with with depression and now on cilift 20mg. Cried uncontrollably last night and told me that the reason for his depression is that he never really really loved me. he says is caught up with him now, hence the depression. If i look back at our 7 yrs together I can not find any instances where I ever doubted his love, there weren''t ever any signs. In fact, he at some points, needed reassurance from me! I am heart broken, and I don''t know what to do about this. i suggested he gets proper medical help first and then only he should consider a divorce, but he refuses.

Where depression involved psychological and emotional issues like this, it is really important that it be treated with counselling / psychotherapy, usually of the CBT form, and not ONLY with antidepressant drugs. You're right that he would be extremely foolish to consider divorce while depressed - such major decisions should NEVER be made while depressed, and not un til after adequate treatment by an appropriate expert, and recovery.

3
Posted by: Tebogo | 2010/04/19

Sjoe, your husband is mean. I wud divorce him asap. U r anda no obligation to stay with him. Sori for sounding harsh.

Reply to Tebogo
Posted by: Tebogo | 2010/04/19

Reply to Tebogo