Question
Posted by: Mawawa | 2010/06/15

He is so unfair

I stay with my husband, 2 stepdaughters and my son, I have a problem with my husband, since I got married to him he cannot give me money I know I am working but it is a man''s duty to do that. I have confronted him several times but he does not want to listen I can see that this in him, he only give to his daughters and what I dont like is he give the money to his daughters secretly, last time I was out of the country because I dont have lost my phone he gave his to me, a lady from the salon called saying the kids are at the salon and they say their father said they must do their hair he will pay later I told her I dont know anything about it I gave her my husbands number not that I dont want him to give them money but he must do it openly and another thing he will want me to pay for it. I can see that they are first in everything he does and am last, so what do I do about this is this right I thought married people discuss everything but in our case everything is secret with him, he has another daughter who does not stay with us he gave him R1500 secretly and I found out about that and he does not know that I know I have also told him that he must share his money with his daughters and I will share mine with my son, please assist

Presumably he gives money secretly to his daughters because he knows you will make a fuss if it isn't secret. YOu two really need a proper discussion on the broader issue of family finances, and money. In the marriage, generally you'd share personal and family expenses in propertion to what you each earn.
Marriage counselling sounds likely to be what you both reall need

3

So you work, so why not spend what you earn. Why do you want his money. Why do you want to depend on someone else for money. He can do what he wants with HIS money. And you can do what you want with yours. Moral of this: Go back to school and try get another job.

Posted by: Banker | 2010/06/16

Seriously? This isn''t a stone age. What exactly do you do with the money that you earn? Do you give him any?

Eish...

Reply to Banker