Posted by: Julie | 2010-11-05

He is constantly in pain

Dear Doc

My husband suffers from constand headaches, neck pain and pain in his shoulders. Before we met, he apparently had every test under the sun, and the verdict was that it was all stress related. He takes pain tablets every single day of his life.

Can it really be just stress? He does have a very stressful job, but even when we go away on holiday, the pain just never eases up. I have wondered whether the pain isn''t mind over matter because he is addicted to the pain killers?

Please help, I am really worried about him.

Your husband should really stop taking the painkillers and revert to a chiropractor and physiotherapist for treatment of neck muscle spasm which can cause severe chronic headaches. The neck muscle spasm will be worsened by severe psychological stress. In order to cure his headaches, the cycle will have to be broken by physically treating the neck muscle spasm.

Posted by: P | 2010-11-05

Has he been to the chiropractor? They really help a lot.

Reply to P
Posted by: Katie | 2010-11-05

It could be that the painkillers give him a rebound effect.

Reply to Katie