Posted by: Hurt | 2009-05-18

He forgot my birthday

THis is now happening for the 4th time! My husband, its like he makes it a point to forget it. The thing is, we have always celebrated birthdays(at home i mean), it doesnt have to be a party but a call or an sms, a gift when we could afford. Since we got married my birthday is the worst day of my life because the closest person to me forgets it. I always do something special for him on his birthday.
If he is bad with dates, then why doesn' t he put a reminder on his phone or a note on his diary.This tells me he doesnt care about it. He didn' t even say anything to me about mothers day(i am a first time mom) but he did remember to phone his Mom and wish her well :-(.I dont know whaat to do anymore and really makes me unhappy. Oh, our son is 7 months old, and every month he remembers and sing him happy birthday.Does he love me?or maybe im not important enough?

Men are notoriously bad about remembering birthdays, and if they make a note of it, they forget where they put the note. Its bad manners and most unfortunate, but it absolutely does NOT mean that he doesn't love you --- the lunks don't see it as being about love, and probably wouldn't feel awful if you forgot their birthday. It's not that they see you as unimportant, but they don't tend to see birthdays as all that important. There's no solution but to talk it over with him, calmly, and ask him in discussion with you, to make a practical plan about how they are going to remember from now on.

Posted by: Anonymous1 | 2009-05-18

Hi, most men are just bad with dates and what I do to avoid disappointment is remind him myself. I' ll ask him if he got me something for my birthday yet, otherwise I want this or that, I do the same with mothersday and all the other days I want to be spoilt on. This way he can' t forget and I get exactly what I want, I' m happy and he' s happy.

Reply to Anonymous1
Posted by: Hurt | 2009-05-18

Thank you for the replies :-). Strange these " Male"  creatures, ok, i can let the birthday one go but the Mothers day one is hard to forget now

Reply to Hurt

That is quite sad to hear. My husband remembered my birthday for the first 2years. After that he didn' t bother. Mind you i would remind him about 2wks before. Last year he went and bought himself new clothes and wore them on my birthday. The thing with me is i don' t keep quiet because my birthday is the most important day on the calendar. I just don' t think he cares. I try to get used to it but its not easy. Be strong and talk about it with him.

Posted by: XXX | 2009-05-18

Ouch,that is rather nasty,how can he regularly forget your birthday ! I would talk to him about it and tell him how it hurts you.
Happy birthday from us anyway

Reply to XXX