Question
Posted by: Carla | 2008/10/22

hCG levels not rising properly

I had a quantitative blood test done 7 days ago which gave a reading of 174. I did a further test yesterday which gave a result of 200. From all that I' ve read, this does not look good at all - can I assume that the pregnancy has stopped progressing? Should I go for further check-ups to determine the next steps or do I just let my body do what it needs to? We have been trying to fall pregnant for around 5 months now and since going off the pill then I have not had a proper period.

You are right that this does not look good. You should see your gynaecologist again to determine what the next step should be.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/22

Sorry to say this but it' s really not a good sign. You' ll have to go see a gynae. you may need a D& C.

Reply to Nix