Question
Posted by: Jeanine | 2011/06/10

HCG Levels

Hi!

I do not have a regular cycle and my last period started on 1 May 2011. On Monday 6 June 2011 I had a positive blood pregnancy test with a level of 48. Dr advised we redo the test in 48 hours, and on Wednesday 8 June, the level was 193. Is this ok? Should I be worried?

I had a chemical pregnancy about a year ago, but then the initial level was 34 and it went down to 14 in 48 hours. What are the chances of recurrent chemical pregnancies?

Thank you for the assistance!

Dear Jeanine

Your blood Beta HCG levels has increased from 48 to 193 within 48 hours this is excellent and certainly no sign suggestive of a chemical pregnancy. This is a very good sign that the pregnancy is quiet healthy at this stage and I think you should not have any concerns at this stage.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/06/21

Dear Jeanine

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: LN | 2011/06/10

Hi Jeanine

Generally, the HCG level should double after 48 hours. Yours have more than doubled, which is a very good sign at this stage.

Was it a natural pregnancy or did you have IVF?

Best wishes for the rest of the pregnancy

Reply to LN