Question
Posted by: brent smith | 2010/08/12

hcg &  bacteriostatic water

Hi. I am looking for HCG for injection (Pregnyl, Novarel, Profasi etc) &  am finding it impossible to find. Even more impossible to find is bacteriostatic water for injection (not sterile water because it has no preservative). I am on testosterone replacement therapy &  need to take 250iu hcg every other day for 3 week cycles on/off as an ancillary med. The hcg comes in vials of 1500iu to 5000iu, so I have to mix this with bacteriostatic water &  store in fridge so that I can draw 250iu &  inject myself every other day. MY doctor has helped me with my other meds, but is not able to help me with this. I have tried hospital pharmacies, have checked online but cannot seem to find the stuff. I need to get the hcg in the greater Durban area because I need to hand over a prescription, but the bacteriostatic water I can order &  have posted from anyware if it is not available in Durban. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Brent

Dear Brent Smith

You could look at the drug called Ovidril as an alternative. This is a recombinant HCG that may need to be adjusted for your use. My advice would be to calculate the dosage of Ovidril needed by equivalent measure and to pre-fill syringes and keep them refrigerated and to be used as required.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: brent smith | 2010/08/24

Thanks for the help Dee, I will look into it.
Regards, Brent

Reply to brent smith
Posted by: Dee | 2010/08/16

You can get these meds from a fertility clinic. Im guessing you would need to be a ptient there first. In Dbn there is Dr Ramdeo in Westville and Dr Hansen at St Augustines.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/08/13

Dear Brent Smith

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert