Posted by: Jordan | 2009-02-17

Hi Doc. What can I do to lower my blood pressure. I am on medication, Norvasc 5mg and Prexum but it does not seem to be working too well. I am 37, female and I do smoke. Is there any natural medication I can take

Dear Jordan
Rather not take any natural medication with your current medication.
What you can do is the following:
Try to stop smoking.
Lose weight if you're overweight.
Exercise regularly.
Eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and is low in fat.
Limit your sodium, alcohol and caffeine intake.
Try relaxation techniques (

Posted by: Bozo | 2009-02-17

Ok my spelling is bad it is Cayenne pepper

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: Bozo | 2009-02-17

Hi Jordan ,
Try drinking a half a spoon of cyenne pepper ( Red Pepper ) in about 150 ml warm tap water , as warm as you can .

My BP on medication was always in the region of 160 / 100.

I started drinking the cyenne pepper more than 6 months ago and my last test about a month ago was 125 / 75.

But be caution : dont stop your medication until you have tested low on a few times.

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: not an expert | 2009-02-17

Hi, also have HBP - my medication is working though, also smoke. Um, grapes lower blood pressure, as well drinking cocoa. Also try meditating. You know what you have to do also, stop thinking about it. I did that in the beginning and of course my BP kept staying high cause I was stressed. Anyway BP changes throughout the day, depending on your mood. please try relaxing more. Hope this helps. Oh ja, also try not drinking too much coffee etc..... if it is feeling high, go lie down even if it just for 5 minutes.

Reply to not an expert