Question
Posted by: Sue | 2012/03/14

Hayfever

Hi Doc,

My 15yr old son suffers severly with hayfever on a daily basis. The minute he wakes up in the morning the hayfever starts with a continues sneezing, runny nose, itchy ears and eyes and by all this he rubs his eyes all day. I give him 1 allergex tablet but only helps for a short period, now he takes 2 tablets a day hoping it will help him for longer, please help. This is really affecting him

Sue

You can consult your pharmacist for a long acting non-sedating antihistamine to be used in conjunction with a corticosteroid nasal spray. If this does not alleviate the hayfever, you will have to consult an allergy specialist.