Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2010/10/14

having sex for the first time- painful?

I am a female, 17 years old with a boyfriend. I really care about him and feel I am ready. I want to so bad. I have heard the common story of having a painful first time. I was wondering why it would be so painful because I don''t expect that at all. I feel as though if I we both truly want to and are ready ( condom and the pill) and I am turned on enough (wet) why would it be painful?

Some ladies may experience pain and others don't. It more often depends on the skill and experience of the male. DEidre -SASHA

8
Posted by: wtf | 2010/10/19

17!!!!holy crap!typical! women of today!! or shall i put it,(kids of today)

Reply to wtf
Posted by: Nice Guy | 2010/10/14

If one can say it''s very painful, will you cahnge your mind? if so what are you ready for? No pain No gain. besides you do not preach the converted. Enjoy.

Reply to Nice Guy
Posted by: anon | 2010/10/14

I was only talking about my own experience. You can''t possibly know what it will be like for every other person - everyone''s experience is different.

Reply to anon
Posted by: JJ | 2010/10/14

its not that bad... does hurt the first time, but not like what anon said....

Reply to JJ
Posted by: anon | 2010/10/14

You have something called the hymen inside your vagina. It is close to the opening, and it is a sort of a membrane with an opening in the middle, so you might not even be aware of it. But when you have sex for the first time, the penis is obviously much thicker than say a tampon or a finger, which you may have been able to insert in there before.

As a result, the hymen normally tears and bleeds. Apparently the hymen can sometimes stretch enough, or might have been torn earlier due to sports. In my case, it was incredibly painful and bled a lot. It also took 3 tries (three different occasions) before my hymen tore enough for my husband to fully penetrate me. For the next few weeks it is also painful because the tear needs to heal.

I would urge you to think very carefully about giving up your virginity at such a young age - it is something that is very special, and the safest environment for sex is within a marriage.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Germ | 2010/10/14

just let him take it slow and enjoy it

Reply to Germ

There''s a song that goes like this, It only hurts for a little while that what they tell me that''s what they say

Posted by: sexologist | 2010/10/14

Reply to sexologist