Posted by: Tshepo | 2012-07-16

Having Achild with an HIV positive person

My girlfriend is HIV positive, i''ll like to know if we want to have a child won''t i be infected, because i''m negative?

dear Tshepo
there are ways to have a child without you being infected.You need to consult your nearest fertility clinic . As you are negative there will an easier chance to inseminate your partner .She would need close monitoring to keep her viral load as close to 0 as possible.

Posted by: speech | 2012-07-17

I did it with the help of the doctor. I was put on truvada for a month and my hiv positive husband was closely monitored 2 make sure his viral load is undetectable 6 months prior. Needless to say i have a 3yr old and another one on the way. I am still hiv negative

Reply to speech
Posted by: WOW | 2012-07-16

It is very much possible, actually i think you will get infected unless you try invitro fertilisation and if you do your research well you''ll find other sergical ways to get your girl pregnant and you and the baby will not get infected. I don''t know much about this but i think it can happen just don''t risk it by having unprotected sex because there are fluids involed boy and there''s just no way you''ll not get infected.

Reply to WOW