Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/03/07

Having a boy

My doctor said if we want a boy we should have sex on day 16 of my cycle. Is this true?

Hi Sarah
You can't bet on it! It is said that the closer to ovulation you have sex, the better the chances to have a boy, because the y-sperms are faster and tend to get to the egg first. If you have sex 3 days or more before ovulation, the better your chances to conceive a girl, because the weaker y-sperms tend to die sooner and the x-sperms will be available in greater quantity whenever the egg is released. This is however not scientific at all....
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/07

Hi Sarah
dr Bets