Question
Posted by: Nellie | 2010/09/02

having a baby with a My HIV Boyfriend and I am Nagative

we have been together for 8yrs and we ahve a 3yr old baby who is nagative and I am nagative. we never used protection before but I am nagetive why? I dont understand. when he goes for is CD4 count it is increasing and not decreasing sometime normall like mine. Pls help I dont know who to talk to with regards to this because now I need a baby.

I presume that your boyfriend is on medication and that is why his CD4 count is increasing. This would mean that he is passing very little virus and you are therefore at much lower risk of becoming positive, though it can still happen.

4
Posted by: Nellie | 2010/09/06

Doctor can you perhaps explain a little bit more because he is not on medication.

Reply to Nellie

Well it means ur boyfriend cheated after the baby. all you need to do is continue to use protection and do artificial insemination.

Posted by: Reggy | 2010/09/02

You will be positive soon, why dont you and your boyfriend do an artificial insermination, it is not that expensive, when I had it I payed R1100 and that was 2005, I am not sure how much it is now.

Reply to Reggy