Question

have u had experience with DID?

Why are people so sceptical about DID? I am convinced that my husband is a sufferer, his therapist is reluctant to diagnose cos she hasnt seen an episode.
I however have lived with him for 18 years - after doing some research it finally l makes sense. We knew he had been having blackouts and HE finally came to me this year and said it was himself . He is a bit of a jekel &  hyde - always has been but since recent STRESSES has become MORE separate (one side very subdued and repressed - the other Agressive and Angry) ' Subdued'  doesnt remember what ' Agressive'  does but ' agressive'  remembers it all and makes fun of ' subdued' .

Am i making sense without going into detail? Details are way to complexed and i dont have the brain space to go into it.

I have been living in limbo all year cos i dont know what to do to deal with it. It doesnt happen often, just often enough that we know he cannot cope with work - so i am the sole provider for our 5 member family.

I dont even know what to do! I cant get him to go back to therapy and i cannt get him to go on meds and i can bearly afford the treatment - that why i have put it off. But if i have to live like this much longer i will CRACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

:(

Thank goodness people ARE sceptical about DID, as it is almost always a highly artificial condition created in very suggestible people by naive and fanatical therapists. Alone of all diagnoses, in the hands of an enthusiast therapist the person almost inevitably gets worse, only to improve when therapy stops.
"Blackouts" can be many things and have many different causes, and are not typical of DID. And everyone has a complex personality which may show or express itself differently in differing circumstances, esppecially when under stress.
He is better off having a careful assesment by a normal shrink ( i.e. one who is NOT an enthusiast for DID ) and to be diagnosed according to the general DSM criteria, and treted for whatever diagnosis, if any, is properly made.
If he is for some reason feeling unable to work, that needs to be taken into consideration in such an assessment --- and again, it is vanishingly unlikely to be due to DID