Posted by: Phila | 2009-02-23

have the gods turned their back on me?

where do i start? to cut a long story short, i am seeking employment, i have all the relevant skills and qualifications. I nail my interviews, i ask for a market related salary and at the end, i don' t get the job. I am going to an interview today and already do not have the energy! i am going to dress up but i feel like i know the results already. No i am not a pessimist but it feels like all the doors that lead to success have been closed. Lord have mercy on me.

I hope things work out for you, Phila, if not today, then really soon. These are hard times, such as our grandparents knew, and they got through them, as we shall. Its obviously been highly discouraging --- but one needs to remain hopeful, both because in fact that is reasonably realistic, and because if one enter an interview having already given up, it'd be very hard for anyone to be as impressed as they need to be, with your qualifications and personality. Make an impression such that, if they dotn't hire you this time, they'll remember you next time they need someone

Posted by: Zee | 2009-02-23

It happened to me last year, and I asked one recruitment agent to assist me and she noticed that there was one thing I said that gave a negative message about me, I changed that and guess what the first job interview I went to I got it.

So maybe you should get someone to interview you, you know the questions that they ask you at interviews get the person to evaluate you. Sometimes we say things and we don' t realise their impact.

Reply to Zee
Posted by: dont give up | 2009-02-23

be persistant when seeking work it will pay off. but remember times are tough at the moment - the world system has crashed so it may take longer to find work.

all the best :)

Reply to dont give up