Question
Posted by: Suicidal | 2008/08/14

Have the appointment, but

I have this thing. I' ll hurt myself on purpose. I' ll bump my hand over and over until I need x-rays to determine if it' s broken. Or I' ll hit my foot until I can' t stand the pain and it' s purple and blue and I can hardly walk.
It feels good to have the pain, but I can' t help but wonder how it' ll feel right before I die. Will I be at peace? Will I feel nothing?

The appointment with the psychologist' s next week. Should I tell her about above mentioned hurting of myself? I don' t know how I' m going to handle this because I always want people to like me and think what a good person I am and and and... How do I just open up and tell all? How do I explain the hurt and desperateness of getting away from it all?

Absolutely definitely you MUST tell the psychologist ALL about these self-damaging behaviours. Now, if you actually get a kick out of hurting yourself, yet feel embarrassed about revealing this to the shrink --- think of that embarassment as a delicious form of helpfully hurting yourself ( unlike all the other ways ) --- he/she isn't there to judge you or think the less of you, but to help, and not telling a shrink EVERYTHING that might be relevant, is like taking your car to a garage and not telling them what odd noises it makes when running.