Posted by: Chelsea | 2008-11-06

have period but not oviolating

Our baby was born on May 25 and died 6 days later. We' ve been trying for the past 5 months to fall pregnant again. However my period cycle is between 14 and 22 days so I am unable to say when I am oviolating. Spoken to my doctor she says it might be
that I am not oviolating at all. Then how come i have my period each month. I ' m really confused I thought the unfertilised egg responsible for your monthly period

Dear Chelsea

You could have your period every month but still not be ovulating. Anovulation will either result in an absence of a period or irregular menstrual cycle. If your periods are ranging between 14 and 22 days cycles, then it is highly likely that you are having ovulatory problems. A menstrual period will occur even if an unfertilised egg is not produced. One can easily assess if you are ovulating or not by doing a mid cycle progesterone test or an ovulation test kit that is commercially available.