Question
Posted by: BeeBOB | 2010/08/24

Have I dealt with it?

I recently had a miscarriage (don''t think you can call it that at 12 weeks..not sure???.)

Because it was so early in our pregnancy, I am fairly alright with it and were back at work the following day. I have justify our lost by the fact that we have never seen a heartbeat (had a scan at 6/7 weeks) and there for seeing it as " pregnant with a bubble" ....(strange but what can I say)

I cried a little and felt alright after that...but all the condolences have made me realize that my loss might be bigger than I make it to be....

How do I know that I have dealt with it other than just sweeping it under the carpet and making it out to be not such a big thing?

We may as well call it a miscarriage. However ealy it occurs, it is potentially disurbing. There was a potential life, and now there isn't. Its OK to feel upset ; and its also OK to not feel awfully upset. At an early stage, there is no actual child to attach to emotionally, and one is more attached to the IDEA of the child to come. From your description, you are responding naturally, and not apparently sweeping anything under the carpet.
Also, remember with important things in life, we dont dal with them all at once, and once only, but often gradually, in digestible portions, over time.

2
Posted by: Earthman | 2010/08/24

I beleive that foetusus in the womb are able to sense what a total mess this world of ours is in and choose to abort rather than be brought into this chaos, especially if they are in South Africa.

Reply to Earthman