Posted by: Roshan | 2011-10-23

Hav no interest in food

Dear sir i am unable to eat food cause i dont get interest in eating ,as i got breakup from my dear love with no reasons,whenever i sit to take my food ,her face n things comes in mind and i cant eat my food properly,what to do im gettin thinner day by day,

why is it so what to do

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Roshan,
I would agree with Leila (who has already responded to your post) that you lack of appetite is a symptom of the reactive depression resulting from your unfortunate break-up. I think that a visit to your GP would be a good start, where medication and some Counselling will likely be suggested. Try to work towards resolving your relationship loss by talking to friends and writing down your feelings. You will need to find a way in which to be able to move forward, despite your lack of enthusiasm now. Unfortunately, your poor nourishment is only going to make you feel more depressed.

Posted by: Leila | 2011-10-27

Dear Roshan, you seem to be suffering from depression. I would suggest that you see a doctor and depression can be treated. I hope you are much better now and wish you good luck every step of the way.

Reply to Leila