Question
Posted by: Kar | 2011/02/16

hate sex

I am 32yrs old female only became sexually active when I was 27 when I married my hubby, had my first kid at 28 and 2nd kid at 30, and all this time I just hate sex, I never initiate it, and happy even if I don’ t have it at all, after 4 years this is taking its toll on my husband as he is frustrated and blatantly told me this last week,i have hypothyroidism and taking 200mg per day... how can I change this?

I am assuming that your hypothyroidism is being adequately managed by the dose you are on? There are many other aspects to bear in mind here - how did you feel about sex when you first became active at 27? If it changed,then it may that you are experiencing loss of libido and, with two young children under the age of 4 are likely to be quite exhausted. There are are a range of other possible contributory factors too that might need to be taken into consideration, but an important distinction must be made between whether you have always hated sex or if it is since you had your first child. I would suggest that you have an assessment with a trained health professional to exclude physical factors and assist you to identify what the problem is exactly. You can find an appropriate person either via your GP, gynae or our helpline 0860100262.
Claire - SASHA

3

Well said Sparky

Posted by: Sparky | 2011/02/16

Hi Kar, sometimes you have to compromise / pretend. How important is your marriage to you? you might push him into anothers bed.
Get creative, make fun challanges for yourself, masterbate infront of him. change positions, talk openly to each other about your feelings and his and about sex.
Sex is not a job, it is a pleasure shared between two people.
Go out there and have fun, start with little things, but communicate. Watch a blue movie together, just hold each other private parts while falling sleep. it is the little things that lead to the great things.

Reply to Sparky
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/02/16

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist