Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/05/09

harvesting eggs

I''m heading for 37, I haven''t had a child yet and the reality is hitting home that I have very little time left. I read about harvesting eggs &  freezing them. Is this a expensive procedure and how complicated is it. Do I still have time to do something like this?

Dear Michelle

To harvest the eggs and freeze the oocytes by vitrification is the cost of a whole IVF cycle. However the success rate is not as good when thawing oocytes as compared to freezing and thawing embryos. So if you are married or in a steady relationship it would be better to freeze embryos.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/05/17

Dear Michelle

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert