Question
Posted by: KOBUS | 2012/03/06

hart spier skade

hallo dr. my father had a massive hart attack. now he is on medication. his hart musscle is veryh weak,as i understand 55% dammage. he is mobile but very weak and gets tiered within 10 steps. is there any help for his cvondition?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Kobus,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that your father had a massive heart attack. Without more information it is difficult to predict what is likely to happen, and a lot depends on whether or not blood flow to the injured heart muscle was quickly restored or not. If it was, then some heart muscle may gradually recover with time and your father’s general condition may improve. If on the other hand the damage is permanent, then he will need to take medication on a long term basis and should be under the care of a physician or cardiologist. Depending on his age and other factors, other treatments may be possible, for example even heart transplantation if he is relatively young and has no other health problems.

I hope things improve for him.
Best wishes, JT

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2012/03/19

Dear Kobus,

I hope things improve for him.
Best wishes, JT

Reply to Cardiologist