Posted by: Louw | 2011-10-27

Harsh needle-like pain (on a ship in the ocean,cannot call doctor)

Hi Dr. Anrich

I am experiencing a pain I have never had before, I am very concerned about this since I cannot call a doctor and to get myself to one will require a Helicopter flight, I am currently on a ship in the middle of the ocean.

I am including a link which you can click to view a small image that indicates where i am experiencing pain. I am a male 22 years of age,have no allergies that i know of,not overweight and no addictions,I dont even smoke.

The pain is sort of in my lower back to the right side and occasionaly travels down to my groin area.[ ht tp:/ /ww w.sendspace.c om/file/lokstx (view picture link for better discription,just backspace the spaces inside link)The pain is harsh enough to keep me from sleeping. The pain built up gradualy is currently at its worst I experienced so far.

I am experiencing some bad headaches and a bit of a fever aswell.

Also what I am experiencing along with this that started at the same time,there foreskin of my penus becomming red and sore.there is a weird ooze emmiting from the tip of the penus. I have never in my life had this effects and it kind of scares me.

Things I think could have caused this : Right before this began I had a tough gymm session and I may have overdid it with push-ups and weights. The ship has railings to travel from deck to deck and they seem rather dirty(good place for bacteria build up),I may have gone down deck to use the bathroom and had my hands on the railings,then with my hands touching my penus while urinating.(some sort of disease)I am urinating more regularly I noticed.

Thats all the information I can give,please will be ever gratefull if you could help,urgent.You''re my only hope right now to finding out what is wrong with my body.

Thanks much in advance.(ps: please click the link to see exactly where the pains are comming from)

I am sorry to say but you have a STD (sexually transmitted disease). You will have to get blood tests, as well as a microscopy culture and sensitivity done of the discharge. You will need a course of antibiotics. Is there any medication or antibiotics on the ship? If so, provide me with the names of the antibiotics, in order for me to direct you in the right direction.

In the interim, drink as much water as possible and even have a couple of beers.

Posted by: Post | 2011-10-28

Post your answer about not being sexually active to the doc separately Louw - this is a very important piece of information that the doc will need.

Reply to Post
Posted by: Louw | 2011-10-27

I forgot to Add, I most definatly have no sexualy transmitted disease since i haven''t been sexualy active in a +6 months

Reply to Louw