Question
Posted by: Izzy | 2009/02/17

Harrassment

I don' t know if anyone could offer any (fact based) advice. My partner' s ex sent me a number of obscene and threatening sms' s. She was told that if she continued I would take out a protection order against her. The sms' s stopped for a month and a half. Then last week I received another series of sms' s but from a completely different number. I think that this number is a pre- paid sim that gets put into the phone while an sms is sent and then removed again as every time the number is dialled it goes straight through to voice mail. I want to find out who is sending these sms' s (after all it may nt be his ex). Do you know if a number can be traced if someone is using a pre- paid and just sends a sms and removes the sim immediately afterwards? Anyone with a police back ground? I have had enough of this nonsense!

Go to court and get the protection order. And keep copies opf the messages and threaening SMS's you have been receiving.
Whatever's comments are ridiculous and mean --- but this is the same idiot who is still sulking because her bf lavished romantic pleasures on her but didn't buy her a rose ! She's a thorn in want of a rose. Ignore her.
Speak to your cell-phone provider for advice on the technology of tracing a call, and the police may be able to advise, too. And can'\t you change your number so she can't reach you, whoever it is ?

5
Posted by: Izzy | 2009/02/20

Thank you all for your responses...even " whatever" . You especially put a smile on my face.. how ridiculous!

But thank you for your advice everyone. I am leaving early today to go to the police station. I WILL find out who it is, and I will prosecute. Have a great weekend!

Reply to Izzy
Posted by: Amanda | 2009/02/17

Hi Izzy,

I had the same problem in Dec, but in my case it was nasty calls with a private number nogal. So i opened the case and guess what they managed to trace the number, and the woman was stupid enough to call me using her contract phone, even though it was a private number.

In your case it' s even easier coz it' s the smses. The second you put in a sim card in a phone, the IMEI number of that phone registers all the sim cards that were used on that phone, even if it was for a minute.

Open a case number and the cops will find the stalker.

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: Amanda | 2009/02/17

Hi Izzy,

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: Wish to help | 2009/02/17

" Whatever" ' s comments are unkind and uncalled for. I am sure that there are private investigators out there who would be able to assist somehow. Failing that, you will have to change your cell number. Why put up with that sort of attack from a crazy person.

Reply to Wish to help
Posted by: whatever | 2009/02/17

you are a man snatcher - that' s it!

Reply to whatever