Question
Posted by: Lungani | 2012-06-13

Harpes Type 2

Dear Sexologist

I have been diagnosed with Harpes Simplex Type 2 (lesions on my genitals) and the Dr said it''s a recurring condition STI which is triggered by stress and excessive heat exposure of the affected area. I do not recall a time when i first had this infection, infact the recent symptoms was my first knowledge that i have this incurable desease. I know i didnt contract it recently because i have been without sex for over 10months. Kindly elaborate for me about this condition and confirm the accuracy of the statement that this STI is not curable.

Herpes Simplex is a STI that you could be infected with for a long time before it may show itself. It is similar to the 'blisters'you get on your mouth - sometimes it gives you trouble and then disappear for a time. This is because your immune system can suppress the symptoms. Your doctor gave you the correct information. Hope you screened for HIV as a preventative strategy. Always have protected sex. Deidre - SASHA

7
Posted by: Lungani | 2012-06-26

Thank you all for your useful feedback. Fortunately i am okay right now and i''m sure that it was triggered by the severe stress that i have been suffering from but fortunately i am okay currently and as for the HIV testing part i do it beginning of each year. I no longer have unprotected sex and i have one partner now, thank''s a lot anyway.

Reply to Lungani
Posted by: Tsotsi | 2012-06-15

Serves you right for been a -|-

Reply to Tsotsi
Posted by: STD | 2012-06-14

@ Lungani

The STD is coming to get you!!!!

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to STD
Posted by: Basjan | 2012-06-14

I also have it and require high dosages of Cyclivex 2 x 400 mg per day at times to get relief.

Good luck.

Reply to Basjan
Posted by: frustrated | 2012-06-13

I feel your frustration Lungani. Its a very devastating condition but most poeple are living with it some dont even know it as they are asymptomatic. Some have one occurrence and never see it again. Im also living with the condition and yes its incurable. There is medication to suppress it though and to limit the occurrences. Its not the end of the world, you just have to take precautions thats all. Its emotionally draining as well. But in time you''ll learn to manage it.
Its has different triggers for women even the change in homones, stress, for me if I indulge in alcohol it reoccurs , but it gets better with time.

Do some research so you know what you are dealing with and how to handle it.

Good luck.

Reply to frustrated
Posted by: Shaun | 2012-06-13

S = So
T = Totaly
D = Devastating

Dude - remember LO Class - Your teacher will defintely tell you: " I told you so..." 

Make sure that the condition ain''t curable - Good luck

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: sexologist | 2012-06-13

Reply to sexologist