Question
Posted by: molebimang | 2010-06-24

hardship of breathing through pragnancy

my gilrfriend is pragnant with my first child through it is her second child but it was 14years ago so she said she forgot the simtoms she had then but now she is 6 month pragnant and she seems to be stugging to breath especialy at night and she cant sleep what is the cause of this and what can we do to minimise the problem

It could be a normal sign of pregnancy but some illnesses can also cause this. She should see her gynaecologist.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-27

Posted by: Zama | 2010-06-24

I had the same problem with my first pregnancy. Over and above what Purple has suggested she must try sleeping in an ellevated position. I practically slept in a sitting position when I was preggers from around 6 months as well. it gets worse though as the baby grows.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: Purple | 2010-06-24

She should not lie flat on her back but rather on her side.
If she is feeling out of breath easily she must ask the doctor to check her iron levels.
If she is struggling to actually breathe, whether she is pregnant or not she should see the doctor about this quite urgently.

Reply to Purple