Posted by: Charmaine | 2009-07-28

hardley eating but not loosing weight

I am a 32 year old female my height is about 1.63m and my weight 70kg I hardley evereat breakfast or lunch but do have supper that usually consist of veggies, meat potato or rice, or just some egg &  2 slices of bread, on week ends I will sometimes have chipsor sweets but not alot. I do drink alot of coffee with 3 t/spoons of sugar and 2% low fat milk. I am now trying to loose weight but relize that my body is storing everything because of my iregulor eating habits but how do I start eating correct to loose weight without gaining more weight?

Dear Charmaine
Your present BMI = 26,3 which is above the normal range. To achieve an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh 58 kg, which means a loss of 12 kg which is quite a lot. The problem is that you are eating foods rich in empty kilojoules that promote weight gain, rather than weightloss. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Try to do at least 30 min of one of these exercises every day to stimulate weightloss. While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by surfing on this site.