Question
Posted by: Ava | 2012/04/18

Hardening toenails

Please could you help me. My toenails are slowly hardening and thickening, one by one, and when I cut the big toenail, theres a smelly odour that accompanies the nail. Please could you tell me how to treat it? It''s terribly embarrassing to have such thick and hard toenails and its also getting difficult to cut.

Thanks.

Ava

You will have to consult a doctor to have nail clippings send away for analysis. It is possible that you have a fungal infection of the toenails, which is very difficult to treat. You might need an extended course of oral anti-fungal medication.