Question
Posted by: tallie | 2011-04-02

hard spot on my shin

Hi,i''ve developed a hard spot, looks like a mole but isnt,on my shin.it started when i nicked myself shaving and then it formed a scab-like mark which got harder, lighter and sensitive. Should i have it checked out.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tallie, thank you for the question.

Ideally one would like to examine the hard spot to determine exactly what it is before deciding on the best treatment approach. From your description it may be a keloid that is developing. Keloid is an overproduction of scar tissue and it is better treated earlier than later. My advice would be to see you family doctor or ask him/her to refer you to a dermatologist.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011-04-04

Hi Tallie, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert