Question
Posted by: JarredD | 2008/07/10

Hard lump on wife's bum

My wife fell on our stairs in our complex and she landed on her bum, she had a huge bruise there but now about a month later she still has a huge lump on her bum and it very visable and embarrassing for her. If you push on it my wife says it is sore. Do you think it is a build up of liquid or blood? Will it go away or do i need to take her to the doctor to get it sorted out?

Jarred

Hallo Jarred
It probably is a hematoma or blood buildup - it gradually goes away, she can use Voltaren gel on it. If the area is bigger than your hand, or becomes red and warm and she feels feverish she needs to see a doctor.