Question
Posted by: adeline | 2011-01-23

hard bruise

Recently a dog bit me through my jeans and although there was no bleeding and the jeans fabric was not broken, I now have 2 scabs where the teeth connected with me. I also have a very large bruise, more than 10cm in diameter with a central section about 6cm in diameter that has become quite hard. I am sure i am healing as it is no longer sore but a bit itchy and I am quite happy to wait until this goes away of its own accord. I just want to be sure that I don''t have to do anything about it. Is iitokay?

Hallo Adeline
You probably have a hematoma (bleeding under the skin) and it will usually go a way by itself. In rare cases it may get secondary infection in the area and an abcess may form, but then it will be painful, red and hot. You can put a bit of Voltaren Jel on the area.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-24

Hallo Adeline