Question
Posted by: DIF | 2008/08/27

HARD AND MISHAPED TOE NAILS

I AM A 58 YR OLD WOMAN. FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW MY TOE NAILS HAVE BEEN ROCK HARD, GROWING INTO A PEAK RATHER THAN FLAT, GROWING INTO THEMSELVES AND HAVE WHITE FLAKY STUFF INSIDE. SOMETIMES QUITE PAINFUL AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO WEAR CLOSED SHOES. IS THERE SOME OINTMENT OR OTHER PREPARATION I CAN USE TO GET MY TOE NAILS BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN.

Dear Dif
This sounds like a fungal infection of the nail. It is difficult to treat and takes a few weeks - Lamisil tablets works best but is a bit expensive. Ask your GP to have a look and give you a prescription.

1
Posted by: ADELE | 2009/03/09

WHAT CAN I USE TO MAKE MY TONE NAILS SOFTER. PROBLEMS WITH TONE NAILS THAT GROW IN. VERY PAINFULL.

Reply to ADELE