Posted by: Kelly | 2009-02-18

Hi CS!

I' ve read your reply to Izzy and you happen to mention that it was me who responded
-Whatever' s comments are ridiculous and mean but this is the same idiot who is still sulking because her bf lavished romantic pleasures on her but didn' t buy her a rose ! -

How do you conclude that?As it really wasn' t me ...
By the way I think your comment is harsh but I realize that I have been an idiot.I' m really not a gold digger or anything of the sort just used to being spoilt by my previous boyfrnds.

You comments have hit home though and I have thought long and hard about it and realize that I have been really silly so just wanted to say thanks for that hit on the head lol!

I sms' d him last night and thanked him for sat.and told him how wonderful it was and how much I love him and everything he does for me.Then he called and asked me what that was for ! Well I just said that I wanted to make sure that he knows how much I appreciate him So thanks again im sure I sounded like a gold digger though

Well, if it wasn't you ( and the comments were, indeed, ridiculous and mean ) hen the response came from the identical IP address, which is unlikely to be someone else. and there were a few oher comments from that address which sounded suspiciously like you.
OK, my comments were not unduly harsh is they have helped you realize you were indeed being idiotic on this occasion. People often mistakenly think a therapist or advisor's job is to be nice and comfy and pleasing, even if this is often not genuinely helpful. It may be essential to be abrasive enough to break through the denial and make the esntial points
If your previous bf's spoiled you so much, they did you harm, and led to unrealistic expectations from life, so it is valuable for you to have recognized this and perhaps now to modify it.
You'll discover that you find far more gold, of all sorts, when you're not digging for it !