Posted by: Unsure | 2009-10-05

Happy Weight?

I' m a little anxious about my weight. I was on a meal plan where I was eating small amounts about 5 x/day. I only recently started feeling extremely bloated and felt better when I stopped eating. I am recovering from an eating disorder. I' m currently about 1.68m and weigh about 54kg. My goal is to get down to 51kg. I know if I stop eating my metabolism wil lslow down but I don' t want to feel the kind of discomfort I' ve been feeling - bloating etc. I' m also very stressed and I think this plays a role. I haven' t had much time for exercise either! Any suggestions on how to feel better given the time constraints &  previous discomfort?

Dear Unsure
Your present BMI = 19,1 which is already perilously close to anorexia. From what you say, I think that you are regressing and not recovering from your eating disorder. All the signs are there again: 1) You want to lose weight when you are already underweight, 2) You are stressed when you eat and feel better when you starve 3) You want to start exercising when you actually need to conserve your energy. I don't know what your treatment consists of, but if you are being treated by a clinical dietitian and a clinical psychologist (which is what is required for eating disorders), then PLEASE go back to them so that they can help you sort out this situation before you are back to having a full-blown eating disorder again. You need to eat regular small meals, you need to gain some weight, you need to relax and get back to leading a normal life, so go for help before it is too late.
See your dietitian and your psychologist ASAP
Take care