Question

Happiness

In the past I used to be the person who would try and satisfy everyone all the time and I would forget about me in the process. I dated guys who were either in relationships / on the rebound / seperated etc. My friends took my house as theirs because I would allow them to just about do anything. It all came to a screeching halt on the 30 December, my friends desserted me and didnt tell me they had a party, knowing that I was all by myself. The next day we were supposed to go out for New Years Eve and they had made plans - but excluded me. I told them to their faces that I will no longer deal with people like them because they knew that my daughter was with her grandparents and that I had no restrictions - I was alone on New Years Eve. I have exes calling me begging to take them back - the reason we broke up is because they went back to their gf''s or they messed up and I got tired. I know that I was the enabler and allowed people to take advantage of me. Now I have put my foot down and will not accept second best, because I deserve more than that and I give more than that. People around me tell me its not healthy because I am always alone. When i tell them that I am alone not lonely - they dont believe me. I spend my time with my 4yr old at the beach, library we watch movies or just relax at home. Seems now people that think that I am a snob because I have changed my standards. For once I''m happy but everyone around me does not agree.

Trying to SATISFY everyone else is not only not good for you, but no good for them, either.
Its maybe unfortunate that it took one very sad New Year to help you to see the light. Leave behind all the spongers, and make a fresh start.
You don't need to explain or justify yourself to those people. It's none of their business. DOn't even think of what they may think - their selfish and self-serving opinions don't matter.
If they all agreed with you, you wouldn'thave had any problems in the first place

2
Posted by: Romany | 2011/01/18

GOOD FOR YOU !!!
What did caring for " everyone around you"  bring you? NOTHING

Reply to Romany