Question
Posted by: Sid | 2010/07/19

Hands becoming numb when sleeping

Each night my hands, espesially my pinkies becomes numb, then I need to stretch out my arms so they can become right again, could it be that I''m cutting of blood circulation to my hands but how would something like this be possible when I''m sleeping?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The nerve to the pinkie goes around the "funny bone". If you bend your arm for a long period, such as when you sleep, you compress the nerve, and the pinkie goes dead. When you straighten the arm, you relieve the pressure on the nerve, which then recovers.

This is the most common cause of the problem. However, you should get it checked out by a neurologist.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/07/20

Reply to Sleep expert