Posted by: Ruby | 2009-06-19

Handling depressed person

Hi Cybershrink
tx for the reply to my first post, I have tried the kind aproach but my depressed hubby is so stuborn he says there is nothing wrong with him, yet he is agressive, he talks allot and he cant sleep but he looks and complains that he is so tired. He says i am controling because i keep on checking whether he is sleeping or not. I am begining to think that if sitautions go on as they do now mayb I might need help I just cant handle this, I feel sorry for him but at the same time get cross because he is so stuborn and doesn' t feel it necessary to see someone anymore. He is really not himself I dont know what to do and I know that nagging him wont motivate him to go. Please, Please give me some advice, its been a hellish week, he does not sleep at night and is so grumpy the next day. I feel like i dont even want to talk to him. He insists that the Cylift will improve his feelings yet complains of being in emotional turmoil. His been using Cylift I think for a year at the beginning all went better but gradually got bad &  now he is worse. we cant afford a Psycologist so he goes to the local day hospital that only has a therapist who told him that drinking a beer now and then will do no harm. so i dont trust the therapist. What can I do how can i convince him to get help?

Have you tried the Depression / Anxiety support group ( number on this page ) ? Maybe they can have some useful advice and support for you ? What do other readers think, as surely some of you have been in similar situations ? If he is still in this state after a year on Cilift ( unless it is at too low a dose ) then this is not the best medicaine for him. Can you speak to whoever is prescriing the Cilift, to ask him/her to call and ask your husband to come for a re-assessment and possible impriovement in the medication ? Have you discussed the situation directly with that "therapist" at the day hospital ?