Question
Posted by: Cya | 2012-11-06

Hand tremors

Good day doc,
I have noticed tremoring in my hands the past months and this normally occurs after the hectic weekends I have. Im a smoker and on weekends when Im out I drink a lot too, I drink from Friday until Sunday and when Im drinking I tend to smoke a lot. Monday my hands would be shaky maybe until wednesday, could the alcohol and cigerates be the contributing factor? I''ve also been under a lot of stress in the past months could that also contribute?

Cya

You are most likely suffering from alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests to exclude any underlying pathology, like Vitamin B deficiency. There are medication that can assist with alleviating your stress and I suggest that you consult a psychiatrist for coping skills.