Question
Posted by: Susan | 2008/07/23

Hand treatment

I am in my mid 30' s. I am obese and had THE surgery, how ever are losing very slow. My " problem"  is my hands which are visably looking older and more wrinkled after just 20kg. Any advise?

Kind regards

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Susan, thank you for the question.

Congratulations on your weight loss and choice of surgery, and I hope that you have recovered fully and that it meets all your expectations.

You have a number of choices for treating hands and typically a combination treatment regime will give you the best results:

Topical: using a good SPF daily (must contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) with a moisturizer that has glycolic acid should be considered. A regular (monthly) glycolic acid peel regime should also be followed.
Injectables: Restylane Vital is a relatively new product that is indicated for rejuvenating the hands. One needs to do these injections monthly for 3 months followed by a booster (one injection) every 3 months.
Skin Rejuvenation: IPL & Bi-Polar Radiofrequency (Syneron elight or emax), Laser (Fraxel, Ultrapulse, etc.), or IPL (Ellipse).
Skin Tightening: Syneron Refirme, Thermage, or Titan.