Posted by: Lood Boshoff | 2009-08-30

Hand injury to ring finger due to wedding ring

I hurt my ring finger very badly when it got cought on something when I jumped from the back of a pick up truck.
The skin in the inner part of the finger got " shaved"  of and the top part of the finger also sustained some seriuos damage. The finger immediatly started to swell and I had to remove the ring with side cutters.
It is 3 months since the incident. the finger is still swollen and I think I have hurt some or other ligaments in the finger.
Are there anything I can do to get it beter ie. exercises/ massage to the finger?

I strongly suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination and x-rays of your finger, to establish what damage was done to your finger and to determine treatment. I also suggest that you buddy strap your finger for at least 10 days and to use Myprodol, two capsules, three times daily, for seven days to subside the swelling.