Question

Hamster of 2 yrs old -growth out of his mouth and new growth appearing at one eye

My sons hamster have a growth sticking out from his mouth, it almost looks like an extra " leg"  -light grey and now I noticed that another small pink coloured bump started to grow on the inside of his eye -near the tear duct. He is eating and seems to be fine but this cant be normal? I wanted to take him to the vet but my husband feels its a waste of time and money, what can it be?

Dear Anon

Follow Chills advice.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-10

First, tell your husband that pain is pain, and discomfort is discomfort, no matter if it' s suffered by a human or a hamster. Then, explain to him that when you choose to have a pet, you make yourself responsible for its health and wellbeing, and if you aren' t willing to take that responsibility, then you shouldn' t have the pet in the first place.

Then take the poor thing to the vet!

Reply to Chill