Question
Posted by: Mitchell | 2011-10-20

halitosis

Could halitosis be a result of a problem or infection in my ears?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Mitchell

It is unlikely that this is the cause. Most common causes range from bad dental hygiene, gingivitis and chronic tonsillitis, to social habits such as smoking as well as chronic sinusitis. Systemic conditions include diabetes or certain endocrine conditions. An ear infection may cause a foul smelling ear, but this is not really connected to the throat directly. I suggest you start with an examination by your GP, to exclude some of the most common causes.