Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2009/11/19

hairloss on my cats tail

Dear CyberVet,
I have a ginger adult male cat, a month or so ago I noticed that his tail looked funny, so I took a closer look at his tail. I couldn’ t believe what I saw, he only had hair on the very tip of his tail, then there was a totally naked piece of tail, about 1, 5 cm, then the hair was normal again. At first I thought is was due to a fight with another cat but there was no scars or marks and it didn’ t seem to bother him at all when I touched his tail, so I forgot about it… … ..
I got a kitten 1 week ago, he is about 4-5 weeks old, his mother abandoned him, but he was already eating on his own and just a bit scared, any way, on Monday I noticed that his tail looked exactly the same as my adult cat! That is so funny, I can not explain it. Could you please give me a hint on what can be the cause for this?
Kind regards

Dear Theresa

Fleas? But that is a guess.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/30

Dear Theresa

Fleas? But that is a guess.

Reply to Cybervet