Posted by: JJ | 2009-03-12

Hairloss after stopping the pill

Thank you for replying to my prev post. I stopped the pill Minerva and noticed alot of hairloss espec after washing my hair. The hair loss is more in front(fringe area) and on the sides of my head(above my ears) Ive had many tests done incl thyroid function, testosterone, androgens but all were normal. I do have insulin resistance for many years now, Im on glucopahage 850mg 2 x day. I also had a sterilisation done. Im 35 yrs old. The dr also checked my dhea and cortisol, he told me is shows Im stressed but did not give me any meds but the thing is I dont feel stressed Im actually a very happy person with all going well in my life except this horrible hair loss:)

Your hairloss can be due to no plausible explanation and usually resolves itself in a matter of months. You can however, consult a dermatologist to have tests done.

I apologise for not being able to be of more assistance.