Question
Posted by: Bradley | 2011-11-08

Hairloss

I have the most gorgeous Jack Russell she is just over three years old. She is really my pride and joy, but that been said she has a hair loss problem. Its been like that most of her life. I have tried all kinds of diet from cheap supermarket food to expensive vet food and doesnt seem to help anything. She does not look like she has any sort of skin disorder but there is hair everywhere. So you have any advise that could help get rid of this problem please!

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Bradley, there are many diseases and allergies in dogs that can cause hair loss, some more common sucthan others and I really would suggest that you let your vet do a full examination to try to determine what is causing it and then take it from there.Thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: Lorraine | 2011-12-14

hello, I have had the same problem with my Jack and eventually tried a few drops of cod liver oil to his diet and walla...hair loss was to barely a handful. Added to that his coat was beautiful and thick and he looked a lot happier. My friends even noticed the difference in him and his coat more especially. Just a few drops please as it can be very foul smelling and distasteful. Try it , it sure does the trick. Cheers!

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011-11-09

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert