Question
Posted by: Trish | 2011-07-28

Hairloss

Is there any tried &  proven products that i can buy for hair growth? Im a young healthy 22 year old female. I had very thick, strong hair but I went throught a horrible patch in my life at 19 &  suffered with problems i never knew i had, 1 including the hair loss. I have finally got my life on track now, i eat healthy but cant understand why my hair isnt growing back to its natural form. I lost alot of my hair during the period of stress but as I improved, it improved but it just isnt where i would like it to be. I have noticed while doing my hair that there are some spots that there less hair which come across as being bald. I would really like to try something that could help, my hair is a part of my confidence aswell &  im always aware whenever Im out or around people. When I was in my teens I use to go for hair treatment every year where I had it permenently straightened but after my last treatment about 5 years ago i stopped because i did notice that also caused my hair to fall out, this was before the stress related issue took place. Thanks.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

Hairloss can be attributed to many different causes. Stress can affect your hormones for example thyroid, hormonal (like testosterone, particularly if spots are bald). Even though the stressful period might be over the body has never "recovered" from this. Blood tests should be able to reveal if any hormonal issues are in the play.
If blood tests are normal then consider using higher dose of supplements. These would include Vitamin B and Zinc. Iron deficiency has also been linked to hair loss.
I would suggest consulting with a practitioner to get to the bottom of this.

kind regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za