Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-11-03

hair washing

is there a way to help people get a hair wash when they can''t do it in the bath or shower, or over a sink?
i ask as my friend has a neuro-muscular disorder.
i have heard of blow-up basins to use on a bed.
is there anything else that might help hair washing, to be used in bed, or even while sitting?
thanks

Hallo Anon
Get yourself a 1 x 1 meter rubber/vinyl waterproof sheet. Roll the one end over a towel in a sausage form and let your friend lie with his/her head on the edge of the bed. Put the roll under the neck and funnel the rest of the sheet into a large bucket Now you can rinse and drain the water into the bucket without a mess. I did some nursing in the spinal unit in my student days and this worked very well!

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-03

Hallo Anon