Posted by: Tracy | 2011-10-31

Hair removal method?

I had pigmentation on my upperlip and got a bleach cream from my dermtologist that i''m using for a year. It really helped a lot but it made my upperlip very very sensitive, so i want to know what i can use to remove my upperlip hair? If i use removal cream or any other method, my upperlip becomes very red and sore and it burns and after that it becomes super dry.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tracy, thank you for the question.

The reaction you are getting is most probably directly related to the topical skin bleaching product and your best advice would be to see your dermatologist to be sure that there are no side effects or complications from using the product (?hydroquinone). Furthermore one can discuss the use of topical hair removal products with the dermatologist and if necessary to add a calming agent to the prescription but ultimately you may have to consider IPL or laser hair removal.