Question
Posted by: Tori | 2009/12/05

Hair removal

could you please give the best and safest FDA approved not skin damaging way to remove hair. I read IPL can with making it sun sensitive I dont what I laser or treat that will damage the skin I think its called ablative like alexanderite please help andgive quote its facial hair for a guy

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tori, thank you for the question.

The use of IPL or laser hair removal is a very effective and safe way of permanent hair reduction. However this treatment (and its results and safety profile) is dependent on the type of machine used and the person operating the machine.
Technology based hair removal will increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun but this is only for the 2 weeks following the treatment.
Prices will vary from person to person but expect to pay between R 850.00 to R 1500.00.
FDA approved machines include (but are not limited) to Syneron, Alexandrite, Lumenis, & Palomar.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/12/12

Hi Tori, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert