Posted by: JJ | 2009-01-22

hair on the shaft of my penis??!

Hi there,

I am 30 years ol and I have noticed that I have single strands of hair growing on the saft of my penis. Some are just underneath the head of my penis. Is this normal??? I feel very wierd abut this and I am quite concerned!!

Dear JJ
Hair can grow on the shaft of the penis, although normally near the base rather than the head. If it is just one or two hairs, pluck it out with a tweezer! Repeated plucking will reduce the growth.

Posted by: NOCIRC-SA | 2009-01-23

You do not mention if you are circumcised or not. It can occur that, during circumcision, too much of the skin on the shaft is removed. As a result, skin with hair is pulled from the groin area to provide sufficient skin to accomodate erections.

Reply to NOCIRC-SA